What Do You Want In Your Home
The home search process can be exciting. But deciding which features you truly want and must have or can afford, can be daunting.
Making these decisions begins with setting priorities among your many different areas of choices. Most homebuyers will face trade-offs, at Palmetto Coast Associates we will be glad to discuss your options in the Charleston market.
Here are many of the considerations you will want to be prepared to discuss with one of our associates from Palmetto Coast Associates as we start the search process for your new home.
BASIC HOME FEATURES
- Do you prefer a single-family detached home, townhome, condominium, or other type of property?
- Desired number of bedrooms and baths
- Preferences regarding kitchen, dining, family rooms, etc. and preferred home layout
- High-priority home features, such as kitchen appliances, fireplace, etc.
- Other types of rooms needed (e.g., a home office or hoppy space)
- Storage spaces (closets, basement, and outdoor storage area, etc.)
- Need for a garage or parking space, and if so, for how many cars?
OTHER HOME PREFERENCES
- Ranch, two story, split level, etc.
- Age and style of home
- How important is energy efficiency or other green home features?
NEIGHBORHOODS / LOCATION
- Commuting considerations (to work, shopping, etc.)
- Proximity to desirable features (such as a community center, schools, hospital, etc.)
- Views--how important is to find your ideal view (overlooking water, for example) or avoiding a bad one ( a busy highway)
- Size and shape, including back front and side yards
- Landscaping considerations--the need for open play areas, privacy, patio space, decking, etc.
- Home orientation--is it important for your home to face a particular direction?
LIFE AT HOME
- If you'll be sharing your home with children, pets, live-in parents or others, how does this impact your housing preferences? Both now and in the future? (For example, pets may require a fenced-in yard; older parents may dictate one-floor living.)
- Proximity to neighbors
- Homeowner association fees?
- Property taxes
- How much do you want to invest in a home beyond the purchase price, either financially or in terms of sweat equity, if you can't find exactly what you want.
- Are you willing to consider other neighborhoods that provide better affordability?
- How long do you plan to live in this home? How does this impact the type of home you will buy, how much you'll spend, and your choice of location?
The Palmetto Coast Associates will provide you access to all Charleston area MLS listing through our site www.MyCharlestonHomeSource.com we can help you create a home search that will provide you the homes that meet your needs. Then when you are ready to move forward, our team of full-time real estate professional will walk you through the process of buying the perfect home.